Eltean Incorporated Sdn. Bhd. or any of its subsidiaries, affiliates or any related companies or any of its authorised personnel, representatives, appointed distributors, or any other relevant third party (hereinafter referred to as “Eltean”) observes and complies with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”).
Eltean is committed to ensuring that the Personal Data (as defined in Section 4 of the PDPA) disclosed to and obtained by us are protected and used within the scope of consent provided by the Data Subjects and/or as permitted by law.
PART I – CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We collect your Personal Data when you interact with us via online or offline channels including, but not limited to, your name, contact number, e-mail address, residential address, age, skin, hair and scalp conditions, etc.
- For any other individual whose data is required to be collected by us to facilitate various business transactions, contractual arrangements, engagements, etc., it is deemed that you have consented to our collection of your Personal Data as far as is necessary to enable the performance of such business transactions, contractual arrangements, engagements, etc. between Eltean and you.
PART II – PURPOSE OF COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
- We collect your Personal Data for primarily for the purposes, including but not limited, to the following:
- for individual and/or corporate customers, processing your Account Opening Application Form and Credit Application Form to purchase any of Eltean’s product(s) or service(s);
- promotional and marketing of Eltean’s product(s) or service(s) and sending any advertising and/or promotional material to you via telephone calls, emails or instantaneous communication message (including but not limited to Short Message Service (SMS), WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Viber, Line, etc.), where you have expressly consented to the receipt of such materials.
- for prospective employees of Eltean, processing your Application for Employment Form and all matters in connection with your employment with Eltean should you be successful in your employment application;
- for existing employees of Eltean, to continuously update your Personal Data kept of file for the purpose of your continuous employment
- for landlords and tenants of Eltean, to deal with all matters in connection with our landlord and tenant relationship with you, including but not limited to, payment of rental and communication with you as the landlord or tenant of Eltean;
- marketing of product(s)or service(s) and sending any advertising and/or promotional material to you via telephone calls, emails or short message services if you have expressly provided your consent for us to do so;
- notifying you of special offers, promotions, current and future product launches, special invitations that we consider might be of interest to you and for similar updates and promotion reasons via newsletters, electronic direct mailers, direct mailers, etc;
- for individuals who have previously shared any personal information such as your hair and scalp condition, skin condition, to continue to progressively monitor your skin condition when you engage in our services, including but not limited to, hair and scalp assessments, from time to time;
- performing statistical and analysis of your skin, hair, scalp and other characteristics for customer relationship management purposes, such as providing a suitable range of products for your personal needs;
- any purpose in connection with Eltean’s operation, administration, business development and the enhancement of its business.
PART III – DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- All Personal Data collected by Eltean shall be treated with confidentiality, to the best extent as is practicable or necessary. For the purpose of fulfilling and/or carrying out the Purposes set out in Part III above, Eltean may process, disclose, disseminate and/or transfer your Personal Data to the following parties, as follows: –
- any person to whom we are compelled or required to disclose pursuant to any laws in force in Malaysia;
- any related companies of Eltean, including but not limited to those located in different jurisdictions;
- any other third parties, including but not limited to, individuals, body corporates, agents, independent contractors, professionals engaged by Eltean for advisory purposes; and
- any government bodies, statutory bodies and/or regulatory authority.
- You also hereby consent to the disclosure of any of your Personal Data collected, retained and stored by Eltean to, governing bodies or relevant authorities) where such disclosure is requested or authorized by you, or necessary in the usual course of our business or to perform any services rendered to you
PART IV – SECURITY AND PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- All reasonable and practicable efforts and steps are taken to ensure that your Personal Data held by us are kept and protected to our best ability against data theft, unauthorized access, use, copying, disclosure or modification.
PART V – RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- Your Personal Data will be stored in printed form in any of Eltean’s physical offices or electronically in servers utilized by Eltean or any of our relevant service providers.
- Any Personal Data collected, processed and used by Eltean will be retained for as long as is necessary for the fulfilment of the Purpose set out in Part III above and/or to comply with any statutory requirement in force in Malaysia from time to time.
- All Personal Data of employees, customers, any other third parties which Eltean has an ongoing business and/or legal relationship with will be retained for as long as the employment, business or legal relationship continues to subsist.
PART VI – REQUEST TO ACCESS AND/OR UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL DATA PROVIDED TO US
- It is essential that you ensure that your Personal Data provided to us is accurate at all material times. As provided for in the PDPA, you have the right to request access, correction or modification to your Personal Data collected, retained and stored with us.
- You may request for access, correction or modification to your Personal Data by contacting us in writing at the address and/or e-mail address below and specifying your request:
Eltean Incorporated Sdn. Bhd.
18 – 24, Medan Istana,
Bandar Ipoh Raya,
30000 Ipoh, Perak,
Attn: Personal Data Protection Department
E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
PART VII – REVOKATION OF CONSENT TO PROCESS, USE, DISCLOSE AND RETAIN PERSONAL DATA
- You may, at any time, choose not to provide your Personal Data to us, or revoke your prior consent for us to process or use your Personal Data by writing to us at the address shown at Part VI – Paragraph 13 above. In any event, you are deemed to be aware that your failure to consent to our processing and usage of your Personal Data may result in our inability to provide you with our goods and services, or properly perform any business transactions, contractual arrangements, engagements in the usual manner.
ver. Mar 2020